Sunday, December 19, 2010

30 Letters in 30 Days: Day Two - "Crush"

The assignment says "crush," so I (obviously) decided to write it to my boyfriend of a year and almost five months, Douglas :)

Dear Douglas.
          What could I possibly say to you that you don’t already know? You know how much I love you, you know that you’re my best friend, and you know that I plan on spending the rest of my life with you. I guess the only thing left to say is “thank you,” two words I don’t think I say to you nearly enough.
Thank you for the hundreds of Snapples, Hawaiian Punches, and various other drinks you’ve bought me in the past year and almost five months. Thank you for the “I love you” texts, the morning phone calls, and all the million ways you spoil me. Thank you for treating me with love, kindness, and respect, which none of my old boyfriends ever managed to do. Thank you for your honesty, integrity, loyalty, and trust. Thank you for your forgiveness and your compassion. Thank you for holding me while I cried. Thank you for watching The Notebook with me, for not teasing me while I reread Harry Potter, and for not making me watch that really gory movie. Thank you for cooking with me and for me. Thank you for always calling me on my shit, for never letting me get away with being a bitch for no reason, and for understanding that sometimes when I’m a bitch there is a reason. Thank you for not always expecting that reason to make sense to you. Thank you for giving us another chance. Thank you for holding my hand in the car. Thank you for helping with my mom’s 50th surprise party, it meant so much to her (and me) that you were there. Thank you for listening when I told you about my dreams, and my nightmares. Thank you for showing me how imperfect you can be, thank you for telling me that you miss me when I’m gone, I know how scared you are of making yourself vulnerable. Thank you for including me in your senior photo shoot. Thank you for making me realize that not all cats are evil and plotting my demise. Thank you for supporting me when I was learning to drive stick, and when I decided not to go back to school. Thank you for letting me go all OCD cleaning your room, and at times your house. Thank you for giving us a second chance, thank you for agreeing to try the long distance thing (haha, I told you it would work out!) Thank you for making the occasional bad choice, saying/doing the wrong thing, and basically showing me that you are, in fact, human. Thank you for smelling so good and holding me so close. Thank you for wrestling me and tickling me. Thank you for kissing me in front of your friends. Thank you for telling me you love me, no matter who’s around. Thank you for being my best friend and so much more. Basically, thank you for being your amazing self. I love you.
-your princess

No comments:

Post a Comment