Monday, December 20, 2010

30 Letters in 30 Days: Day Three - Parents

Not going to lie to you guys, I half assed this. Because it didn't seem very fun lol

Dear parental units,
          I’m not sure what to say. We sure have had our ups and downs.  Like that time Mom kicked me when I was down (in a figurative sense) or the time Dad broke my special Harry Potter cereal bowl. Ups include sticking together through the hard times, like when I decided school wasn’t for me and mom told me it was okay; or when I came home crying from Colby’s wake, freaking out because I hadn’t known it was going to be open casket, and he got me through it. I don’t know what I’d do without you guys, but I can tell you what I wouldn’t do: I wouldn’t eat, have heat, a roof over my head, or this loverly laptop I’m typing this on, because you wouldn’t have gotten it for me for graduation/my 18th birthday. I probably wouldn’t have made it through high school let alone my first two and a half years of college. I’m so lucky to have parents who don’t beat me but do feed me. You guys are pretty decent. I might keep you around a while longer. And who knows, maybe I’ll put you up in a nice old folk’s home someday.
-your baby

No comments:

Post a Comment