Wednesday, December 22, 2010

30 Letters in 30 Days: Day Four - Sibling

oops! forgot to post last night so today will be a double feature.

Dear Megzee,
          I know we haven’t always gotten along. Nasty words and random objects have been thrown. But through all the anger and tears I have still considered you the most important person in my life. You are the only one I doubt I could live without. I thank god (or whoever) every day that you are my sister. You taught me so much growing up, and I would not be the person I am today if it weren’t for you. The most important thing you ever taught me can be summed up in five simple words: I do what I want. You taught me not to care what other people think about me, to always be myself, and to never let anyone hold me back. I am so thankful that I had such a free spirited sister who could teach me all of that. I’m so thankful to not be one of those girls crying over what someone the barely know thinks about them.
          We had a tough five years thanks to (let’s be honest here) some crappy decision making on your part. But ever since you changed your life I have felt even more blessed, because now in addition to an awesome sister, I have an amazing friend (yes Z I know how mushy this is but oh well!) I am so proud of the life changes you made. I know it wasn’t easy, and it damn near broke my heart to watch you go through it, but I’m so glad you did. So glad to have my sister back.
          You are an incredibly strong woman. You have made it through some hardcore shit and you always come out on top, a little tired but overall a stronger and more resilient person. You are the best sister I could ever ask for, an amazing role model. Your belief in me has always pushed me to do better, try harder, go farther.
          For someone who can’t spell to save their life you are truly a brilliant human being. I can’t imagine my life without you, no matter what I say when we’re fighting. I love you.
-me

No comments:

Post a Comment