Wednesday, December 29, 2010

30 Letters in 30 Days: Day Twelve- Person I hate the most

Dear L,
            I don’t even know what to say to you in this. You are easily the most selfish, inconsiderate, hypocritical, judgmental, cruel, dishonest, disloyal person I have ever met.
            You flipped out on me calling me a shitty friend because I had to cancel plans with you to work, even though I had already told you how important it was for me to make money that summer so I could get my own car, and even though our “plans” consisted of me going to your house so we could sit around in your room all night. Then you flipped out on me AGAIN for missing your pet rat (who you had only had for a few months, whose cage you rarely if ever cleaned, who you only fed when you happened to remember or be reminded) because I had to spend time with my family and go to my cousin’s dance recital, even though I told you there was no way I could miss it since I am the only one of her cousins who has gone to every single dance recital she has ever had.
            The last time you flipped out on me, the night I FINALLY decided to sever all ties with you, it was because I “wasn’t being supportive enough” about the latest breakup in your on again/off again relationship that had brought nothing but drama into my life. What you failed to realize was that I was trying to give you advice, lessons I had learned the hard way from a relationship that lasted nearly four times as long as yours had and was had some major similarities to yours. Also, you failed to remember what everyone else had remembered: the day I “wasn’t being supportive enough” would have been my Poppa’s 78th birthday.
            And then when I apologized and said that I was under a lot of stress and had a lot on my mind, you acted as if that was impossible. After less than a year of knowing me you felt you had the right to tell me how easy my life had been. You actually used the words “out of anyone I know you've had the easiest life” as if you knew anything about me!  You failed to see that I was drowning in debt, barely able to keep up with my classes, overwhelmed by the drama you brought into my life. You live under the false assumption that everyone broadcasts their problems like you do. You don’t understand that some people don’t talk about the hardships they’ve gone through because they’ve accepted what happened to them and they realize that bitching about it isn’t going to change anything.  You can’t let go of the past and that’s why you think your life is so horrible.
            To top it all off, you said one of those things that are forbidden in girl world. No matter how big of a fight you’re having with your friend, you never, never, never say “honestly, what guy would want you?” And update L: if you’re going to say that, don’t say it to someone who is with a great guy who treats her like a princess while you’re with some loser druggie who lies to and cheats on you, and can’t treat you right for more than 20 minutes at a time. Because saying that just made you look like a god damn fool, obviously I know a bit more about what guys want than you do.
            And then, after I finally cut you off (even resorted to blocking you from aim and facebook when you wouldn’t leave me alone) you made a huge bitch move. After going on and on about what a bitch K was for dating John right after we broke up, and saying it didn’t matter that me and K had been growing apart, telling me how against Girl Code that was, you did the same damn thing. Doug and I were on a break, and he was on the rebound and looking to hurt me, and you gave him that. You dated him after going on and on about what a C-faced bitch K was. Hypocrite much? You did the exact same thing she did.
            You know it’s funny that all the things you said you hated about me make up your exact personality. Everyone is a little selfish. Everyone is a little bratty and whiney when they’re in the right mood to be. Everyone goes back on their word now and then. But you do all these things like it’s your job. Just remember L, karma’s only a bitch if you are. And trust me; she’s got some crazy shit in store for you.
Can’t wait to watch you burn,
-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment