Thursday, December 30, 2010

30 Letters in 30 Days: Day Thirteen- Someone I wish I could forgive

Tyler,
            Forgiveness sounds so simple. Unfortunately in reality it isn’t.  I wish I could just say I forgive you, and we could go back to being best friends. But in order for me to forgive you, you’d need to say you’re sorry, and in order for that to happen you’d have to realize I was right.
            I was right not to support you being engaged to a girl who lies to you, cheats on you, and treats you like shit (that is the trifecta after all.)I was right to tell you I wouldn’t be present at a wedding to a girl who doesn’t even admit that the two of you are in a relationship. I was right to inform you that getting engaged to a girl who is only 16 or 17 years old is STUPID. I was right to hate the girl who caused you to call me crying for the first time ever. You were with Nay for like two years, she treated you horribly and cheated on you and you never cried over her to me.
            We went through so much together. So much hard stuff that no one else knows the details of. You kept me alive at a time when I would rather die. You were everything to me. We promised time and again to never let anyone come between us. You always said you couldn’t marry a girl I didn’t like, and I told you every guy in my future would need your approval. It was you and me against the world.
            Suddenly we were against each other. You decided to freaking ruin your life over a girl you had told me multiple times you were only with for sexual purposes until someone worthwhile came along, if she was a halfway decent human being I would have yelled at you for that. I decided to be honest with you, like I always had been. I told you how I felt and suddenly instead of it being us against the world, we were against each other.
            Sometimes I wonder if I could go back to that night would I change anything. If I had kept my mouth shut we might still be best friends, probably not because her constant cheating always made her suspect you were doing the same, and she wouldn’t have liked us being friends. So maybe it was worth it, in all likelihood if I had lied and pretended to be happy she would have torn us apart and at least this way I got to be honest.
            I didn’t force you to make a choice though, I told you my opinion. You were the one who decided that if I couldn’t be nice to her we couldn’t be friends. You ended our friendship over a girl. Something you had always sworn you would never do.
            I want to forgive you. But I can’t do that until you apologize. And that won’t happen until you realize I was right all along.
Miss you,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment