Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My day just went from fine to sucky in 2.3 seconds

I'm crying like a little kid. Great. Haven't seen the boyfriend since around 7am on the 2nd (thirteen days, 15ish hours.) I was planning on going back down on the 24th (since I usually get there around 3pm, that means 8 days and 17ish hours to go.) But....

His stupid dumb mean jerkface job might be taking him to upstate NY for a few weeks before then.
Seeing him once every few weeks I can deal with, but it's already been (basically) two weeks, and if he leaves before I get to visit it'll be another 3 weeks.
I know I've got it good, a "long distance" relationship where I get to see him at least once a month, talk to him on the phone at least once a day, and when I visit him it's usually for 5 days. That's damn good for a long distance relationship. I know this. We're lucky.
But it's been 7 months. I miss him. We're supposed to be moving in together sometime in the next few weeks. Whenever the move in date comes close his stupid effing job gets in the way. First it was really slow (20 hours a week when he was lucky) so he barely had money for food and gas. Now it's taking him to New York. I had already accepted that I probably wouldn't get a ton of QT with him this visit because his hours have picked back up so much (back to around 60/week)
But I miss him. A lot. So now I'm sitting here crying. I'm really good about not crying from missing him. Honestly this is probably the 3rd or 4th time since he left, and as I said, that was around 7 months ago.
I wouldn't be crying right now, but I was all excited and looking forward to it and took off a day of work and had it all written on my calendar in blue and everything :(


(Blue is Douglas, black is appointments/important dates, red is cleaning the restaurant, purple is working at the plant, green is social. Oh and yes, I am fully aware that my calendar proves I have no life. At all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment